First off— HELLOO!!!!! All my new fabulous friends from Cute Girls Hairstyles, welcome! I’m so happy you’ve found me and I hope that we can become great friends! Like Mindy mentioned, I’m doing a thirty hairstyles in thirty days challenge here on the blog. We’re half way through so make sure to stick around, subscribe to the newsletter and follow me on Instagram and YouTube for all the updates! If you click on the Hairstyle Gallery up top in the navigation bar, you can catch up on everything you missed. We are using the hashtag #thirtythirtyhair on instagram. So if you’re inspired by any of these hairstyles in the 30 days challenge, make sure to take a picture of your beautiful self and tag it on insta. I’d love to see it!!
I am so happy about this hairstyle. I know it’s nothing super original, but I had to throw it into the 30 days because 1- I’ve never done a tutorial on it and 2- it’s one of those hairstyles I wear over and over and over again. This hairstyle deserves the attention haha! I love this style because it’s fast, it gets your hair out of your face and it still looks so elegant with all those pretty, loose curls! So whether you’re in a hurry to get to school or work on time, need a cute style as mom or need a fancy style to wear on a hot date or to a dance, this one fits the bill. I hope you love the tutorial!!
- Gather a section of hair near your part. Divide into three sections
- Begin a dutch braid. Remember, a dutch braid is the same as a french braid except you’re braiding the outside sections UNDER the middle instead of over. So braid the top section under the middle, braid the bottom section under the middle, transfer all strands into bottom hand, add new hair with free hand to top strand, braid under the middle, transfer all strands into top hand etc…
- When you get a few inches past your ear, continue with a regular three strand braid
- Pancake the braid by pulling on the strands to make more full
- Tie off with a clear elastic and then pin with criss-cross bobby pins underneath the hair in the back
Tips: Keep the braid tight, you can always loosen later. To get the curls, wrap one inch sections around a one inch wand. Wrap the sections away from your face. When finished curling, brush the hair with a paddle brush and spray with some Redken Wool.