Hey guys!! I’m so excited to be partnering with Popsicle today and sharing some of our family’s very favorite summer snacks and activities to do at home with the kids. You guys know I’ve got a lot of little ones running around and it’s not always so easy to leave the house. We’ve set up some fun things in our yard that keep the tiny humans happy and entertained and so far, it’s been an awesome summer.
Let’s dive into the snacks first!
1. Fruit Pizza. Fruit seems fairly obvious, it’s so yummy in the summer and when it’s hot outside there’s nothing like having a juicy slice of watermelon or fresh strawberries to chew on, am I right?! We came up with these cute little fruit pizzas a little while ago and my kids think they’re so fun!! It’s just a slice of watermelon with strawberries, bananas and blueberries on top. To make it even more extravagant, my kids love a dollop of greek yogurt on top. Makes them feel like they’re eating a bowl of whipping cream haha!
2. New Popsicle Fruit Pops. This one is a no brainer. My kids and I could literally live on Popsicle pops all year long but especially when it’s hot outside!! They just make the perfect, no fuss snack! This year, Popsicle is celebrating the launch of their new Popsicle Fruit Pops which are made with real fruit and just FIVE simple ingredients! I don’t know about you but there’s something about that bright yellow Popsicle box that makes me nostalgic. I can vividly remember playing at my neighbor’s house and her mom coming out with that iconic Popsicle box. We’d sit under their porch and take a break from the heat just playing and chatting about whatever kids chat about!!! We’d drip the color all over and Kathy would come out with her hose and spray us all off! I love recreating moments I had as a child for my own kids and I still can’t believe I have four of them! Where does the time go?
Popsicle pops not only make a great every day snack but they’re perfect for events and parties too! Have you seen this rolling cooler? It’d be SO cute to fill with new Popsicle Fruit Pops for a fun summer party, adults or kids! To top it all off, these sweet summer treats are under 45 calories a pop! New Popsicle Fruit Pops check off all my requirements and c’mon, who doesn’t love Popsicle? (You can find out where they’re available near you by using this product locator!)
3. Veggie Dip Cups. A little ranch on the bottom of a plastic cup + sweet peppers, celery, string beans and cucumbers right on top. My kids are obsessed with dip. I can basically mask any vegetable in some dip be it ranch or yogurt and my kids forget they’re eating vegetables. These cups are fun because you can make them in advance and the kids can carry them around with them outside while they’re playing.
4. Energy bites! We’ve been LOVING energy bites lately. Savy loves helping me make them + you can store them in the fridge for a quick and filling snack. Want one of our favorite recipes? Let me know in the comments and I’ll share them!
Now that I’ve introduced you to a few of our go-to snacks, I wanna show ya what we’ve got in our yard!
5. A kiddy pool. It’s just not summer without easy access to a pool at all times, riiiiight?! We’ll make some fizz bombs to throw in there, the kids love adding bubbles to the water and I usually throw in all their sand toys. The kids will play outside for hours and I can just sit back on our little couch and enjoy the happy sounds and occasional arguments. What’s mom life like without them!
6. We also highly recommend getting a trampoline. When we had our landscaping done we had them dig the tramp into the ground. It’s very common here in Utah and if you can find someone who will do it for you, we HIGHLY recommend it!!! We’re never worried about anyone falling off or breaking an arm and it’s so nice to not have to help the toddlers up on the tramp every time they want to jump.
7. My kids have been obsessed with this little kids sprinkler. My sister got it for the twins for their birthday and they have so much fun playing in it! They try to navigate the water and not get hit, or just play games jumping over the hose, playing catch over it or jumping over it to the tramp! Especially when friends are over, it’s a huge hit!
8. And last but not least, the birthday tractors. It’ll be 7 in the morning and I’ll hear the radio turn on in the tractors. I’ll look out the window and both of them will just be cruisin’ one handed jammin’ to their tunes! You don’t need to spend a lot of money, but get some fun toys outside for your kids to play with, I promise it’ll make your life so much easier!
You don’t need to leave the house to have a lot of fun! Provide the babes with yummy eats and mix up their toys so things feel new and it’ll become a difference adventure every day! One tip I have is putting toys away and rotating them. If you have all the toys out all at once, the kids will eventually get bored of them. But if you rotate through them, and change out the toys in the pool or only bring out the sprinkler a couple times a week, it feels new and exciting to them!
What are your favorite snacks and things to do in the summer with your kids? Do you have neighbors come over to play and help entertain? Do you prefer leaving the house and getting out? I’d love to know what’s on your list so I can add to mine!!
Thanks to Popsicle for sponsoring this post!