How to Make Lip Balm in 5 Easy Steps
Hey babes, you all know I’m a sucker for a good lip product. Did you know you can make your own lip balm in a matter of minutes… and it’s easy? Here is a fast, simple recipe to make your own lip balm. After these 5 steps, you can have a 100% natural lip balm packaged in the cutest little container. It’s a great treat for yourself or a super sweet gift for a friend. Your lips are going to love it…you’re welcome!
Step 1: Get it together
Gather all your ingredients and supplies.
4 Tablespoons of carrier oil (jojoba, coconut, or almond oil)
1 Tablespoon of beeswax
5-10 drops of an essential oil of your choice (I used Peppermint!)
Optional: colorant for tinting.
lip balm containers I measuring cup I natural beeswax pastilles I jojoba oil I coconut oil I almond oil I peppermint essential oil I pink and coral lip color I red and merlot lip color I measuring spoons
Step 2 Melt it, melt it good
Heat beeswax (1 T.) in a pan on your stove until melted.
Step 3 Mix it up, baby
Add melted beeswax, carrier oil (4 T.), and essential oil (5-10 drops) into a glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted together.
Step 4 Make it look good
Add in colorant to achieve the desired color. Add a little or a lot, it is up to you!
Step 5 Let it pour
Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool at room temperature.
You just made your own lip balm. Can you believe how easy that was? 5 steps to luscious lips. That’s it! I’m kinda dying over the containers too! So adorable! What is your favorite DIY lip product? Leave me a comment and let me know.
Thanks for visiting, babe. And if you don’t have time to try it, pin this for later.
- 4 Tablespoons of carrier oil (jojoba, coconut, almond oil or cocoa butter)
- 1 Tablespoon of beeswax
- 5-10 drops of an essential oil of your choice
- Optional: colorant for tinting.
- Step 1: gather ingredients and supplies
- Step 2: melt beeswax in a pan on the stove
- Step 3: pour beeswax, carrier oil, and essential oil into a glass glass measuring cup and microwave until melted together
- Step 4: add in desired amount of color
- Step 5: pour into lip balm tins and let cool at room temperature