I thought I’d mix it up here on the blog and share a little glimpse into our night time routine + products I use and things I do to get ready for bed so that I can hit the ground running when the kids wake up in the morning!
First things first — dinner. I wasn’t even going to include this one but then this picture happened sooo…. dinner. haha! These little crazies are so fun and MESSY to feed! It’s pretty efficient feeding twins because when one won’t eat, the other one will! I love our Poppy High Chairs and these bibs are amazing. They’re a hard plastic so you can just rinse them out after using them or run them through the dishwasher!
2. BATH TIME!!!! My kids are obsessed with bath time and they just know that afterwards it’s time to settle down and get ready for bed. Plus there’s nothing, and I mean NOTHING that is better in this life than slathering a baby in lotion and watching them crawl around naked, laughing and pulling on everything they see! I have many bath time favorites but right now we’re loving our tubby todd wash and lotion.
^^ but c’mon. seriously coop? awwww!
^^ I don’t know which is cuter, the belly or the bum haaha!
2) Work. After the kids are in bed, Brian does the dishes and cleans up the kitchen ( I love him ) while I edit all the content I’ve filmed/taken over the weekend. I spend a few hours every night and it’s honestly my happy place. I finally feel like I can relax and accomplish something without being interrupted every five seconds!
Around 10:00 I head to the kitchen for a little snack. Some greek yogurt + strawberries and bananas + Kind granola. We were out of bananas the day I snapped the picture, but they’re usually in there. It’s sweet enough to curb any cravings and keeps me full!
3) Getting Ready for Bed + holy grail products.
Step one. I’m obsessed with The Refresher makeup removing cloths from Biossance. I got these over Christmas and I’m not exaggerating when I tell you they’re a holy grail product. Not only do they remove makeup but they also cleanse and moisturize the skin. I use them at night to obviously remove my makeup but I also use them when I wake up to clean my face when I have less than five seconds to get ready! My skin is very dry right now because I’m using retin-a and these are so gentle and just soothe my skin! Loooove love love.
Step two. I cleanse my skin with The Purifier Soothing Cleansing Oil. Sometimes I’ll put it directly onto my hands, other times I’ll pump some onto the makeup removing cloths and just buff the oil into my skin. The Purifier is 100% natural and infused with plant-derived oils and extracts including rosemary, lavender and chamomile. There’s just something about cleansing with an oil, it’s a cushiony softness you’ve just gotta experience! I’ve never used anything quite like it before, it’s not your typical soap that lathers and it’s just a very gentle cleanser that gives your skin a natural looking glow.
The code RITUAL10 will get you $10 off orders of $50 or more. It ends on 3/31 so if you’re interested in trying the refresher cloths or the purifier soothing oil you should snag some now!
After I’ve removed my makeup and cleansed my skin I’ll either finish it up with the rose face oil which I talked about here, or I’ll mix it up and pick and choose a few products from the Rodan and Fields Unblemish Regiman. I love the spot fading toner, it’s lightened my acne scars considerably and I also really love the Acne Treatment which prevents blemishes.
If I wash my hair, I do it at night. I just don’t have a full hour during the day to shower and get all the way ready! I only wash my hair 1-2 times per week and I’ll wash it and then throw in some Aveda damage remedy + thickening tonic and then let it air dry. Inevitably it’ll be crazy in the morning so I just rewet it and either blow it out or let it air dry while I’m up and about. If I don’t wash my hair, I love the Living Proof Night Cap. I don’t use it every night, but a couple times a week, and you just put it all over your dry hair, sleep on it and then when you wake up your hair feels so soft and refreshed. It’s one of my absolute favorite hair products!
4) Organize. If I’ve stayed up late working chances are my brain is a going a million miles a minute and I often times have a hard time relaxing. I tend to worry about all the things I need to get done or can’t forget to do, or this or that, and I’ve found it’s just easier to write it all down so that I can stop thinking about it! Making a master plan for the next day is one of the main reasons why I’m so productive with my time during the day. I just know exactly what needs to get done and I don’t waste time trying to recall all the things I wanted to get to!
I’ve recently started using Trello, it’s basically an endless bulletin board where tasks, ideas and notes can be organized. It doesn’t sound awesome but it’s AWESOME. You give each task a card and each card has a title, a description and an activity feed, like miniature blog post. You can add images, attachments, checklists + collaborate on a card with someone else. So Brian and I have a card full of stacks of tasks that we need to get to. I love that I can use it for mom stuff (each kid has his/her own card) + work stuff + church calling stuff and everything in between all on one little app. It’s really neat, you guys should check it out!
5) Relax. It just wouldn’t be true if I didn’t share myself scrolling through instagram at the very end of the day! I’m honestly not on social media much during the day so it’s nice to give myself some freedom and just veg for a minute. After I’ve caught up I usually fall asleep to one of my favorite shows on Netflix. Right now Brian and I are loving Quantico and I’m so happy Nashville is back on!
So there ya have it. A super condensed version of what my night looks like minus the tantrums, the food all over the floor, the tired eyes and laundry piled just outside the frame of every photo we take haha! What does your routine look like? Do you have something specific you do each night to unwind, or something you and your kids love doing before bed? I feel like this post could have been 15 million pages long of all my favorite things… let me know if I missed something you were hoping I’d touch on or if you have any interest into me diving a little bit further into it! More of me, or more of the kids? What I’m feeding them, what they’re wearing or reading?!
Thank you Biossance for sponsoring this post!