I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there’s just something about having your hair down and fresh falling curls in your face. While I love a good up-style as much as the next girl, a hairstyle like this feels like home. It’s so simple and elegant, yet there’s a fun twist that makes people stare. This is called the s-braid, or the slide up braid. If you watched my segment on Studio 5 last year this is the braid my cute little niece was modeling for me. You’ll find it all over the little girl scene and I wanted to show you how to wear it as an adult.
- Gather a small section of hair from the front, directly above the ear
- Divide section in three strands and do a regular three strand braid
- Gather two of the three sections in one hand and hold the third section tight with the other
- Slide the hand with the two sections in it up towards your ear
- Loosen just a bit to make it look how you want and then secure with a clear elastic
NOTE: To get these curls, wrap your hair around a 1″ wand away from your face. Checkout this tutorial here
Thanks for all your kind comments- I sure love you guys! If there are any styles you’d like a tutorial for let me know below!
4 thoughts on “Easy Accent Braid | Day 8”
Abby, you are amazing! I love ALL of your tutorials! You are gorgeous!
Awesome style and super easy too 😀 I love your blog and all your awesome videos they are so helpful. And I LOVE your sweater in this tutorial where’d you get it if you don’t mind me asking (;
I love Mindy Gledhill! And the hairstyle is beautiful.
Such an innovative braid! I absolutely love it – although, it doesn’t look that striking on dark hair!