IT’S FINALLY HERE!!! I’ve been anticipating today for weeks! And no, not because it’s my BIRTHDAY (I’m still not sure how I feel about being 27… eeeeek) but because the thirty hairstyles in thirty days has officially begun. Whew! I started us off with a simple vertical lace braid, I hope you guys love it as much as I do. Comment below and let me know what you think! I absolutely adore this hairstyle. It’s so fun and flirty yet completely appropriate to wear as a bride. I love when my hair falls in my face, it makes me feel feminine and extra beautiful.
Make sure to subscribe to my NEW YouTube Channel. My old channel will no longer be updated, so jump ship if you’re following over there and come party with us. Remember, we’re using the hashtag #twistmepretty and #thirtythirty. If you’re trying any of these hairstyles out make sure to use the hashtag and tag me in them! I want to see your beautiful faces! Also I’ll be around after each post and video to answer any questions or comments!
Enter the Kindle Fire HD and Hairstyle book (Kindle Edition) giveaway here!
Vertical Lace Braid Step-By-Steps:
- Gather a section of hair near the back of your part.
- Divide hair into 3 sections and braid once, front section over the middle, back section over the middle.
- Move all three sections into your hand that’s furthest from your face
- Gather a small section of hair from the very front of you face near your hair line, and add it to the section of hair that’s nearest your face
- Braid that section over the middle
- Take the strand that’s furthest from your face and braid it over the middle WITHOUT adding any hair. This is why this is a lace braid! We’re only adding a new section of hair into one of the three strands instead of two like in a normal french braid
- Continue steps 4-6 until you reach the ends of your hair making sure to pull your sections close to your hairline/neck
- Tie off the braid, pancake the sections just a bit for a little more volume and spray in place.
To see how I got my curls, watch the video tutorial here.