To kick off the first week of styles, I’m giving away a Kindle Fire HD with my hairstyle ebook (kindle edition). Make sure to enter here if you haven’t already!
DAY NUMBER TWO
There is absolutely nothing better than a great up style! Something I can wear being mom but that’s cute enough for date night and a leather jacket. I love the thick twist coupled with the casual messy bun. And that little bit of volume on top makes it a style that’s just as cute from the front as it is from the back!
If you try out this hairstyle, tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #thirtythirtyhair. We were using #thirtythirty but apparently it’s a page full of guns and ammo. HA! Appropriate right?! Seriously though, use the hashtag! I can’t wait to pull it up in a few weeks and see a bunch of beautiful faces with hair that’s been inspired from this challenge.
- Using your eyebrows as a guide, section off a small chunk of hair from the top
- Tease the section, spray it with some hairspray and pin it back into a pompadour
- Take the tails of the pomp and divide in two
- Twist the tails together with the left over the right section. You can do right over left if you prefer just make sure that whichever way you twist you are consistent throughout
- Holding the twisted tails in your right hand, use your left hand to add hair from the front into the left section of the twist
- Transfer the twisted sections into your left hand and add hair from the front right side into the right section of the twist
- Twist the sections left over right and continue steps 4-6 until the base of your neck where you’ll then tie off into a messy bun
- Take bobby pins and place vertically near the base of the twist to tighten up the look. Then spread out the twist to hide the bobby pins and to make look more full. Spray with a good hairspray and you’re done!
truDERMA is a developer and marketer of high quality nutritional supplements with an emphasis on wellness and performance. They are passionate about healthy living and helping others achieve life-changing goals. Their vision is to help people lead a healthier, happier life. You’ve probably seen their products on the shelves of stores like GNC and Walgreens and their latest product, GastrobiPlex, is a two part system for serious dieters only. If you are only looking to lose a few vanity pounds then this product is probably not for you.
The system includes capsules and a delicious orange créme “feel full” shake. The shake works by enhancing the body’s release of CCK, a natural compound created during digestion that signals the brain that food has been eaten, which helps to create the feelings of fullness and satisfaction. It creates an immediate Gastricbypass Effect leaving no room for food, and helps you feel full sooner and longer. The capsules also support a feeling of fullness and satiety as well as weight loss.
If you’re looking to lead a healthier lifestyle, make sure to follow truDERMA on facebook for yummy recipes, health and fitness tips!