5 Ways I’m Motivating Myself To Get Back In Shape:
Happy Monday!! It’s no secret around here that I love working out, living a healthy lifestyle and being super active with my kids. You can read my weightloss journey after four babies HERE and a workout routine HERE. I’ve been all about that life for years and I’ve worked really hard to stay in shape and eat healthy. However, in the fall I poured my heart and soul into a new business. I started skipping my gym sessions, started eating out more and eventually just fell completely out of shape. I haven’t been to the gym in months.
So here I am. Needing some serious motivation to back into the swing of things. Being in shape is easy. I mean, duh it’s not easy at all. But the ball is rolling! You know what you’re doing, you have a routine, a plan, goals. And I’m over here like — um… what the heck do I do?!
I sat down with my health obsessed husband and we came up with 5 ways to motivate yourself to get back in shape. You ready for them?
1. Get a workout buddy.
- My sister and I started @2sisterstrong on Instagram last summer. We pushed each other, challenged each other, were responsible for one another and held each other accountable. She’s been going to the gym by herself since I started slipping and I’ve made a commitment to meet her at the gym at least 3x a week. I’m not used to those early mornings anymore but I want to set myself up for success, I can do the gym three times a week. She’s going to hold me accountable and help get my booty back in shape. Find a workout buddy, it seriously changes the game.
2. Never Miss a Monday.
- Brian suggested this one just off the cuff and I loved it! It’s the same reason why I prefer working out in the morning — it just sets me up for success for the rest of the day. I’m probably going to grab that chicken salad for lunch instead of left over pizza because I don’t want to ruin my workout! It’s the same thing with never missing a Monday. Set yourself up for success at the beginning of the week so your head is in the game!
3. Think outside the box.
- There are so many ways to be active and getting in shape is not always confined to going to the gym and lifting weights or running on the tread mill. There’s something for everyone so if you’re needing something a little more fun check out some classes! I’ve loved Orange Theory, High Fitness, swimming is one of my favorites, boxing, rock climbing and the list goes on and on. One thing I’m interested in doing is taking a boxing class with Brian on the weekends for date night! Think outside the box and just get active.
4. Get some new workout clothes.
- Which outfit is your favorite? Left or right?
- Not gonna lie – I don’t fit comfortably into much right now! I’m not mad about it, I worked hard to get where I am but I do need some things that fit me. Plus there’s a confidence factor with clothes. When I feel cute I’m a little more motivated to get up and go! Are you the same way? I got these outfits from Old Navy! Old Navy is hands down one of my favorite spots to shop workout. You can get great deals and they always have cute patterns and fun colors. The black leggings I’m wearing here, you HAVE to check them out. They are so dang comfy, high waisted, have cute zippers and a fun detailing on the ankle! Anyway, get an outfit or two that you feel comfortable and confident in, I promise it’ll help you feel more excited to hit the gym!
5. Be realistic with your expectations.
- Getting in shape is hard. It takes mental discipline and let’s not forget your body is going to be sore for like three weeks straight haha! But day by day you’ll get stronger. We’ll get STRONGER!!! And each hard choice becomes a little bit easier to make.
I never thought I’d be back at this place where just the thought of running a mile is exhausting! I used to run 3-4 miles a day, I was livin’ on prepped meals and yummy dinners I was making for my family. I HAD MUSCLES. Seriously check out my toned muscles here! We’re all just eating junk right now and if for anyone else I need to clean things up for my kids. So I’m gonna do it. I’ve enlisted Hayley to help, I’m never missing a Monday, I’m not confining myself to a gym, got myself some cute workout clothes and I’m fully prepared for how hard and slow the progress is going to be. But if not now, when?
Are you in great shape right now? I’d love to know what you did to get there and a few things you found fun along the way! I’ll keep you guys updated on my progress, what meals we’re enjoying, workouts that are fun and motivating and any other little things I find along the way.
Thanks @OldNavy for sponsoring this post #hifive #oldnavystyle #ad